The purpose of Division 21 Civil Rights Nondiscrimination in State and Federally assisted programs is to effectuate the provisions of the following laws, as amended to ensure that the administration of public assistance and social services programs are nondiscriminatory, and that no person shall, because of race, color, national origin, political affiliation, religion, marital status, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal or state financial assistance:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- The Food Stamp Act of 1977
- California Civil Code, Section 51 et seq.
- California Government Code, Section 11135 et seq.
- California Government Code, Section 4450
- California Welfare and Institution Codes
- Other applicable federal and state laws and their implementing regulations