Childcare Services

Child Care Benefits for CalWORKs Families

If you are receiving cash aid and participating in a Welfare to Work activity with the Department of Human Assistance (DHA), ask your worker to send a referral for child care to the Child Care Processing Unit. You will be enrolled on DHA’s Stage 1 program.

If you were on cash aid within the last 24 months and are no longer aided, you could be eligible for Child Action's Stage 2 program. If you think you are eligible, please call (916-361-0511) to apply.

If you have never been on cash aid or it's been longer than 24 months, you can call the CEL (916-369-0191) or go online at Child Action, Inc. to apply for services. ​

​Quick Links

Contact Info