Refugee​ Cash Assistance Program (RCA)​​

Frontpage Text

What is RCA?

RCA is a cash assistance program for refugees who are not otherwise eligible for any other cash aid.  RCA also includes employment and other social services to assist a refugee in becoming self-sufficient.

Population that could be eligible for the RCA encompasses all of the following groups: RefugeesAsyleesCuban/Haitian entrantsSpecial Immigrant Visa (SIV) holdersAfghan and Ukrainian Parolees, Amerasians, and Certified Victims of human trafficking.

RCA is available for up to 12 months from date of admission to the U.S. in qualifying status, date of final grant of asylum or date of certification by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) as Victim of Trafficking.


How to Apply or Submit Documents for RCA:

Online at: – select Cash Aid

By phone: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM at 1-800-560-0976

By fax: (916) 875-8262 or e-fax  (916) 854-9263

In person:

2700 Fulton Ave.
Sacramento, CA 9582
Office Hours:
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
3960 Research Dr.
Sacramento, CA 95838
Office Hours:
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
5747 Watt Ave.
North Highlands, CA 95660
Office Hours:
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
2450 Florin Road
Sacramento, CA 95822
Office Hours:
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
210 North Lincoln Way
Galt, CA 95632
Office Hours:
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM


RCA application:

SAWS 2 PLUS: EnglishSpanish ,Russian

For information about your case:

Call the Service Center and follow the prompts at 1-800-560-0976  

Service Center Hours Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Online: visit 24 hours a day

In person: See Office Locations and hours of operation above

SAR 7 Information

Many households must complete a SAR 7 six (6) months after applying for RCA. The SAR 7 is due by the 5th of the month.

Complete your SAR 7 online at or find the form here SAR 7 and submit by mail or in person.

Need help completing the SAR7:

  •  Call 1-800-560-0976 
  • Watch the video SAR 7 video
  • See written Instructions HOW TO FILL OUT YOUR SAR 7

    Reasonable Accommodations

    Do you have any physical, mental, developmental, or emotional conditions that make it hard for you to apply for benefits or meet program requirements? We can give you extra help. We call this type of help a reasonable accommodation.

    To request a reasonable accommodation for CalWORKs you may:
  • Verbally by calling the Service Center at  1-800-560-0976 or while speaking to a worker about your case
  • Submit a written request online, by mail, by fax, or in person

    The law protects people with physical, mental, emotional, and developmental disabilities as well as others with serious health problems (42 U.S.C. § 12132). For more information please review the PUB 13 and USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.


    For more information on the RCA program, see:

    RCA Fact Sheet May 2023